This is a partial list of the good we LIONS do
through the Lions Clubs International Foundation (LCIF) Our 1,385,000
million members are making a difference
in this world.
This does not include the millions of dollars given to worthy
causes by the over 46,000 Lions Clubs worldwide. In fact, since its
beginning, the Cedar Falls Lions Clubs has contributed over $300,000 to
desirable projects and people in need. We mean it when we say, "We
- $415,000,000 Raised since 1990 to support Sight-First.
This has saved the eye sight of millions of persons.
- 8,000,000 Lions and LCIF have provided for 8 million
surgeries as part of Sight First.
- 120,000,000 Children worldwide have been
helped on an
as-need-basis through LIONS eye care centers through and through The
- 15,000,000 million children have been
Sight-First for KIDS. This is a joint venture between LIONS
Johnson & Johnson Vision care.
- $6,000,000 US dollars have been donated to
- 41,000,000 Measles vaccinations in a pilot
project to Ethiopia,
Madagascar, Mali and Nigeria. Measles is a leading cause of blindness.
- $729,000,000 given worldwide in grant money
- 100,000,000 persons worldwide have improved
because the LCIF has trained over 650,000 eye care professionals.